History Of C++
- C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup.He started his work on C++ in 1978 and in 1979 he officially launched it.He also worked at AT&T's Bell labs.
- Earlier these language was known as "C with Classes".As if you know C then you will be knowing that C is not object oriented while C++ is object oriented.
- In 1983 language was officially known as C++.
- C++'s Object Oriented Programming(OOP) concept was inspired by a computer simulation language called Simula67.
- Java most preferred or used programming language is written in C++.
- Major operating system of modern times are written in C++.
- C++ is worlds 4th most used programming language.
Features Of C++
- C++ is a middle level language.
- C++ supports the principles of object oriented paradigm.
- C++ joins three seperate programming traditions:
1. the procedural language tradition represented by C.
2. the object-oriented language tradition,represented by the class enhancements in C++ that is add-on to C.
3. generic programming that is suported by C++ templates.
Comparison b/w C and C++
- C++ is a super set of C language.
- C++ programs can use existing C software libraries.
- C follows top down approach of programming.
- C++ follows bottom up approach of programming.
- C adopts procedure Oriented Programming.
- C++ adopts Object Oriented Programming.