Name : Python Machine Learning By Example
Author(s): Yuxi (Hayden) Liu
Publisher: Packt Publishing, Year: 2017
Take tiny steps to enter the big world of data science through this interesting guide About This Book
- Learn the fundamentals of machine learning and build your own intelligent applications
- Master the art of building your own machine learning systems with this example-based practical guide
- Work with important classification and regression algorithms and other machine learning techniques Who This Book Is For This book is for anyone interested in entering the data science stream with machine learning. Basic familiarity with Python is assumed. What You Will Learn
- Exploit the power of Python to handle data extraction, manipulation, and exploration techniques
- Use Python to visualize data spread across multiple dimensions and extract useful features
- Dive deep into the world of analytics to predict situations correctly
- Implement machine learning classification and regression algorithms from scratch in Python
- Be amazed to see the algorithms in action
- Evaluate the performance of a machine learning model and optimize it
- Solve interesting real-world problems using machine learning and Python as the journey unfolds In Detail Data science and machine learning are some of the top buzzwords in the technical world today.
A resurging interest in machine learning is due to the same factors that have made data mining and Bayesian analysis more popular than ever. This book is your entry point to machine learning. This book starts with an introduction to machine learning and the Python language and shows you how to complete the setup. Moving ahead, you will learn all the important concepts such as, exploratory data analysis, data preprocessing, feature extraction, data visualization and clustering, classification, regression and model performance evaluation. With the help of various projects included, you will find it intriguing to acquire the mechanics of several important machine learning algorithms - they are no more obscure as they thought. Also, you will be guided step by step to build your own models from scratch. Toward the end, you will gather a broad picture of the machine learning ecosystem and best practices of applying machine learning techniques.
Through this book, you will learn to tackle data-driven problems and implement your solutions with the powerful yet simple language, Python. Interesting and easy-to-follow examples, to name some, news topic classification, spam email detection, online ad click-through prediction, stock prices forecast, will keep you glued till you reach your goal. Style and approach This book is an enticing journey that starts from the very basics and gradually picks up pace as the story unfolds. Each concept is first succinctly defined in the larger context of things, followed by a detailed explanation of their application. Every concept is explained with the help of a project that solves a real-world problem, and involves hands-on work-giving you a deep insight into the world of machine learning. With simple yet rich language-Python-you will understand and be able to implement the examples with ease.