Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially by computer systems. These processes include learning (the acquisition of information and rules for using the information), reasoning (using rules to reach approximate or definite conclusions) and self-correction. Particular applications of AI include expert systems, speech recognition and machine vision.
An example of Artificial Intelligence would be speech recognition, and communicating accordingly, done by machines, such as Apple’s Siri.
There are many universities and colleges that are now providing degrees in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Top 10 are :
1) Stanford University (Stanford, CA)
2) Massachusetts Institute of Technology “MIT” (Cambridge, MA)
3) Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA)
4) Harvard University (Cambridge, MA)
5) University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
6) Yale University (New Haven, CT)
7) Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)
8) Columbia University (New York City, NY)
9) University of Texas (Austin, TX)
10) University of California, Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
This ranking is from the student’s point-of-view, and factored in what would be important to students, such as AI instruction, variety of coursework, labs, and academic reputation.
Now in today date AI is just not residing inside computers and smartphones it has widen its area and now from your kitchen's refrigerator to moon's land AI is everywhere and also in industries such as healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, and robotics. Many futurists believe it is the future of industry.